What Yoga is practiced at Decoding Yoga?
Different types of yoga is practiced all over the world like- Power Yoga, Hot Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Ashtang Yoga, Kriya Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, etc. We at Decoding Yoga believe that all forms of yoga is one. Here yoga is decoded(understood) and practiced as prescribed in our classical scriptures – Vedas & Upanishads like Bhagwad Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Narad Bhakti Sutras, Vasistha Yoga and the like. Hence the name- DECODING YOGA
Broadly speaking following are main features of Yoga Practice at Decoding Yoga:
- Practice of Classical yoga – asanas, pranayama and meditation
- Yoga therapy – We believe that all ailments are Psychosomatic and are caused by stress and the therapy prescribed for all ailments is only one – RELAXATION OF MIND. We give lot of emphasis to relaxation techniques like- Shavasana, Yoga Nidra, Cyclic Meditation, Vedic Chanting etc.
- We use lot of yoga props like yoga belt, yoga chair, bolster, blocks etc. which bring flexibility in the body very soon.
- Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology of various body parts and organ systems is given due importance. Asanas are sequenced to have a positive impact on the body part/organ under consideration.
- Body movements are synchronized with breath which improves circulation of blood and removes toxins from the body.
- Students of Decoding Yoga are guided to heighten their awareness with regular practice of breath awareness, thought watching and other meditative practices.